Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Why Evangelical Kay Warren Is Fighting AIDS - Newsweek Health - MSNBC.com

Why Evangelical Kay Warren Is Fighting AIDS - Newsweek Health - MSNBC.com

This interview is must read for any Christian who has questions about where we should stand as Christians on the topic of AIDS.

This question and particularly the answer given hit me as one of the most important,

How hard is it for evangelicals to get past the characterization by some of AIDS as God’s scourge against the sin of homosexuality?
That’s definitely something we’re trying to get past. It’s flawed thinking, for starters. To follow that line of reason means that then, I suppose, the cold I have is God’s judgment against me for going out in the rain without my boots on. Thinking that way is not helpful. We live in a broken, sinful world. We all make mistakes, but at the same time God cares passionately about everyone he has made. You never find Jesus asking people how they got sick, not once does he ask that. When sick people came to him, he simply said, “How can I help you?” And that’s where we’re trying to go. That needs to be the first question out of our mouths.


No comments: