Friday, July 07, 2006

Interesting Thoughts from Barack Obama

I read this article on speech by Barack Obama at Sojourners event. Several parts really touch my heart.

In light of the Kingdom of God feelings I have been having the following quote jumped out at me.

Working with African-American churches, he said, "I was able to see faith as more than just a comfort to the weary or a hedge against death, but rather as an active, palpable agent in the world."

My own questioning of some of the doctrine can be summed up by this quote:

One of the enduring mysteries of faith is that it's not easy to determine divine will. Most of us who consider ourselves religious are engaged in a constant struggle to discern God's will for us, and we're always aware of just how far we fall short of meeting that standard. Obama received one of his loudest ovations when he admitted: "The questions I had didn't magically disappear."

No comments: