Thursday, September 01, 2005

Tragedy in Gulf Thank You Aaron Williams

I keep watching the news reports and it tears my heart out. The people of the gulf coast have lost so much. I pray to God they will be okay.

I pulled this out of an article on the tragedy. It says a whole lot about people of faith, and I hope it can set an example for others to follow:
________________________________________________________________
Aaron Williams carefully stowed the wooden door he'd used to ferry his tiny plastic crate of belongings -- a few canned goods, half a bottle of water, a pack of cigarettes and a soggy bible -- and trudged up the ramp to the Superdome.

"This is one beautiful sight," he said of the vast building that was turned into a haven for Hurricane Katrina refugees. "I don't know what we'd do without it."
___________________________________________________________________
There it is a soggy Bible. His most important possessions included a Bible. He was living with Joy after all that has happened. I believe his most important possession has alot to do with that.

I will continue to pray for all of people so deeply effected by this tragedy, but I want to especially thank Aaron Williams, who I have never met, for showing everyone who really looks at this article what he believes.

Just like Job, I am sure he is angry at God, but he is also thankful. I have no idea whether I could be that noble, but I pray to God I would try. With God's help nothing is impossible.

No comments: